The Green Building Center has two missions. First, we want to deliver the most sustainable projects possible on time and within budget using our Integrative Project Delivery process. Working together, design and building professionals can integrate sustainability from day one, making it much easier to achieve LEED™ or other green certifications. It also tends to saves money and time as budget expectations are set realistically during design so there is no need for 'value engineering' after the fact, fewer change orders and less likelihood of schedule issues during construction.
Second, the Green Building Center provides best-in-class green building education using the subject matter experts of our member companies.
To achieve these goals we must engage the most qualified and experienced professionals available. Membership is open, by invitation, to vetted professionals and firms in the real estate, finance, planning, design, build, and green products fields.
Green Building Center Associate Members are vetted experts in their respective fields, which include architects, engineers, sustainability consultants, construction managers, real estate, professional service providers, product manufacturers and other green professionals.
Associate Membership status entitles the member to the following benefits:
1. Participation in our private development and investor opportunities to provide their services and products as part of our integrated project delivery team.
2. Right-of-first-refusal in offering their services when project opportunities arise.
3. Use the Center's office space on a scheduled basis, as available, to meet with potential clients or simply have a place to 'hang your hat' while in town on business.
4. Discounts and exlusive access to Continuing Education and Networking events hosted by GBC.
The Green Building Center's, conveniently located in midtown manhattan at LEED Gold Certified 5 Penn Plaza, diagonally across the street from Penn Station. It includes access to 2 large executive conference rooms, 4 smaller 4-6 person conference rooms, a private office, group work area for collaborative meetings, flex-desk space for individuals, a sustainable product display area, as well as all support facilities one would expect in a high level office and showroom environment. Members requiring permanent office space may sublease portions of the office as needed.
Interested in Associate Membership? Complete this form.
Professionals and firms which do not meet the requirements for Associate Membership can promote their businesses and services through the Affiliate Member program of preferred vendors. Affiliate Members increase their visibility and connect with consumers and other sustainable building companies and professionals looking for the products and services that they offer.
Membership at the Affiliate level entitles members to the following benefits:
1. Discounts on professional education programs & invitations to industry networking events.
2. The opportunity to provide their services or products on projects when an Associate Member declines the opportunity or is unable to provide the services in the timeframe or budget required.
Interested in Affiliate Membership? Complete this form.